Job Title: Senior Strategy and Planning Officer
Organisation: Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Kiira Motors Corporation or KMC is a State Enterprise in Uganda established to champion the Development of the Domestic Automotive Value Chain for job and wealth creation.
Job Summary: The Senior Strategy and Planning Officer will play a key role in ensuring the strategic and operational planning work to guarantee that Kiira Motors Corporation’s mission and objectives are met, and will monitor wider developments of relevance to the effective and efficient functioning of Kiira Motors Corporation operations and activities. The Senior Strategy and Planning Officer will contribute actively to strategic thinking and planning to formulate and implement the strategic plan, evaluate the progress and make adjustments as necessary to stay on track. The Senior Strategy and Planning Officer will prepare research papers and reports, and will interact with officers at all levels within Kiira Motors Corporation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely and effective, analytical, logistical, technical and research information and support to strategy and business planning, corporate reporting, budgeting and performance measurement functions in the company.
- Assess the external context of the organization on an ongoing basis including conducting an analysis of hypothesis on key drivers and assumptions to inform the corporate strategic direction.
- Coordinate the development of tactical plans and departmental reporting processes ensuring that they are well aligned with the budget cycle, internal management processes, external reporting expectations and foster the most efficient utilization of the company resources.
- Develop and execute measurement tools and quality reporting measures relating to strategic and business planning and performance measurement to assist in forecasting, developing action plans and measuring performance towards achieving desired results.
- Design and generate key monthly strategic targets and other key metric reports together with commentary that succinctly and effectively communicate the Company’s performance against strategies and plans and highlight key areas of both improved and under performance.
- Analyze departmental performance in line with strategic plan of Kiira Motors Corporation to among others, identify synergies, strengths and areas of improvement.
- Prepare reports related to corporate strategies and business plans for internal and external audiences as required in a timely manner.
- Provide analytical reports on budget alignment and strategic/operational Plan development
- Provide technical support to ensure alignment of strategic and operational plans of Kiira Motors Corporation to industry related, national and international Development Plans.
- Provide support to various Departments, Divisions and Units in the identification and prioritization of initiatives and activities for implementation in line with the Company Strategic Plan.
- Monitor and analyze the implementation of the operational plans to ensure that they are in tandem with the strategic Plan of Kiira Motors Corporation.
- Manage, guide, develop and train staff under their supervision by providing clear objectives, goals, direction, guidance and appropriate tools to enable them to meet their responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare Monthly Work Plans and Performance Reports necessary for executing the above duties and responsibilities; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Principal Strategy and Planning Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Kiira Motors Corporation Senior Strategy and Planning Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Business Administration, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Development Planning or Related Field from a recognized Institution;
- Post Graduate Training in Project Management, Business Analytics, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Finance, Data Science or Related Field from a recognized Institution;
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Business, Policy Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- General Working Experience of at Least Five (5) Years; Should have Served as a Planning Officer or Equivalent for Three (3) years in a Reputable Organization
- Demonstrated Knowledge and Skill in using Project Management, Finance and Accounting tools.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Kiira Motors in the aforementioned capacity should send their applications via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly indicate the Position you are applying for in the Subject of your email.
Your application should include the following documents Only in PDF Format:
- A duly signed application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A duly signed CV (Download Here and fill all the fields as guided).
- Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted. Qualifications obtained outside Uganda should be notarized.
- Please note that we are not accepting hand-delivered applications. Applicants employed by our strategic partners are required to provide evidence that they have been cleared by the responsible authority to apply for any of the available jobs.
- We do appreciate your interest in working with us, however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews through e-mail and Telephone calls within five (5) working days after close of Applications.
Deadline: 19th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com