Job Title: Transport Assistant (3 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Transport Officer/Relevant Field Officer
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forestry sub-sector. NFA’s vision is “A sufficiently forested, ecologically stable and economically prosperous Uganda”, while its Mission is “To manage Central Forest Reserves on a sustainable basis and to supply high quality forestry- related products and services to Government, local communities and the private sector”.
Job Summary: The Transport Assistant will drive, maintain and manage the vehicle and ensure safety of the passengers in accordance with NFA Transport Policy and relevant regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive NFA vehicles as assigned and directed by the supervisor
- Prepare and timely submit vehicle defects and repair requests
- Ensure that the vehicle is regularly serviced and maintained in a sound mechanical condition in accordance with the service chart.
- Record and maintain vehicle travel records in the log book and ensure that they are authorized by the relevant supervisor.
- Keep vehicle repair and maintenance records.
- Observe and comply with all relevant Road safety and traffic laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the vehicle is in good running condition.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and maintain adequate cleaning supplies for the vehicle.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education or its equivalent.
- Valid Driving Permit of Classes B and CM/C.
- Competence driving test certificate is a MUST.
- CH, DL or DM/CIE, CE, D1, D1E, D or C1 class is an added advantage.
- A Certificate in defensive driving or motor vehicle mechanics is an added advantage
- At least three years of working experience in a similar or related position
- Computer literate.
- Good decision making
- Analytical and good communication skills
- High level of integrity, resilience and reliability
- Self-respect, team building and organizational skills.
- Age: Above 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below or send soft copies to email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Forestry Authority,
Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com