Job Title: Forest Supervisor (13 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Sector Manager/Plantation Manager
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forestry sub-sector. NFA’s vision is “A sufficiently forested, ecologically stable and economically prosperous Uganda”, while its Mission is “To manage Central Forest Reserves on a sustainable basis and to supply high quality forestry- related products and services to Government, local communities and the private sector”.
Job Summary: The Forest Supervisor will ensure protection and sustainable management of Central Forest Reserves.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take full charge of the beat and manage the Central Forest Reserves (CFRs).
- Implement forest management plans including raising nursery seedlings, planting trees and regular forest boundary maintenance.
- Initiate, maintain and manage relationships with local communities.
- Participate in preparation and review of Forest Management Plans.
- Prepare and implement operational work plans, weekly activity schedules and targets and ensure their accomplishment.
- Supervise and report performance of all licensed activities within the beat and maintain an updated register.
- Ensure collection of projected revenue.
- Participate in preparation and supervision of local contracts where applicable and certification of completion of work.
- Ensure regular maintenance of forest infrastructures.
- Monitor and regularly report on flowering and seeding (phenology) of trees.
- Plan, conduct and supervise forest patrols to ensure integrity of the forest.
- Participate in forest protection activities beyond the beat.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Forestry or Agro-forestry from a reputable institution.
- At least two (2) years of working experience in a similar or related position in a reputable organization.
- Basic knowledge of forestry and environmental management.
- Good interpersonal, team building and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to manage the supply chain for silviculture, harvesting operations and logistics.
- High level of integrity, resilience and reliability.
- Entrepreneurial ability and result-oriented.
- Age: Above 25 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below or send soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Forestry Authority,
Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com