Organisation: Population Services International (PSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: SBC Coordinator
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
Job Summary: We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the role of District Mobilization officer (Temporary). This position will support to plan, supervise, and implement all Social Behavior Change and communications efforts and partnership development in the assigned implementation districts in line with PSI program objectives and donor requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Social Behavior Change and demand generation
- Supervise the implementation of social behavior change activities across the implementation districts according to increase informed demand for FP methods particularly the permanent methods.
- Lead the implementation of a communications initiative to increase awareness and acceptance of permanent methods in the project area, Working with IPCAs/VHTs and service providers.
- Conduct routine analysis of multi-level SBCC efforts including community engagement in turn create, execute, and document Data to Action plans.
- Participate in the review of data collected from the field and in any planned assessments and reviews for the program
Planning and Quality Assurance:
- Actively contribute to all SBCC planning, SBCC strategy development and review meetings
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual work plan and budget for the execution of all project demand creation activities to increase informed demand for FP methods particularly the permanent methods in the implementation districts.
- Collect and collate/compile monthly, quarterly or any reports and data required information relating to the program and submit these in time
Advocacy, PR and partnership development
- Build and maintain advocacy/networking efforts amongst relevant stakeholders particularly Districts and other RH Partners
- Use innovative approaches to engage stakeholders while advocating and supporting uptake of youth SRHR services and FP methods particularly permanent methods.
- Build capacity (Training, Mentoring, and coaching) of IPCAs to increase informed demand for FP methods particularly the permanent methods using high impact approaches
- Systematize and organize information on the results obtained in the project activities during the period, in order to contribute to the production of reports.
- Maintain records of all SBCC activities, events, minutes of meetings held and ensure these are shared routinely
- Document and share best practices as agreed upon behavior change indicators in the implementation districts with stakeholders.
- Implement risk management activities to mitigate operational and financial risks in the region.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Development Studies, Communications, Public Health, Community Psychology, Social Sciences.
- Additional training in public health, Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience working with rural communities, youth and local partners including local government.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills, organizational skills, with a problem-solving attitude and as a self-starter who works both independently and as a collaborative team player.
- An ability to plan/schedule work activities independently, with minimum supervision
- Experience in community mobilization and engagement including young people to participate in programs
- Experience of budgeting and handling finances to deliver project activities
- Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including MoH, Local governments, CBOs and other NGOs
- Strong understanding of health services standards particularly through a health promotion lens
- Good report writing and presentation skills coupled with good knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel and power point.
- Proficient social media user across all key channels including Office 360
The Candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: Evidence, research. metrics and evaluation inform our choices
- Pragmatism: We strive for excellence, but useful and timely are better than perfect
- Honesty: We act with integrity, share what we achieve, and admit when we fail
- Collaboration: Active partnering drives impact
- Trust: We have confidence in our people to make good decisions
- Commitment: We build local capacity and programs that last.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Inclusion of your salary expectation in your cover letter is a key requirement.
Submission of certified academic papers is compulsory.
Deadline: 11th August 2022 by 5.00pm (1700H)
NB: Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com