Job Title: Statistician/Economist/Demographer (30 Job Positions)
Organisation: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Statistician
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous agency of Government responsible for maintenance, coordination, supervising and monitoring of the National Statistical System to ensure the collection, analysis and dissemination of standardised statistical information. The Bureau is also mandated as the principal official statistics producing agency in the country.
Job Summary: The Statistician/Economist/Demographer will be responsible for the production of regular statistical indicators in the fields of economic and social statistics in line with the UBOS mandate and strategic objective.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile economic, social and demographic statistical indicators based on the internationally recommended principles and practices.
- Profile gaps in the existing statistical data and information with the aim of having economic and social statistics complete, identify additional data sources and recommend robust method of addressing the gaps.
- Document the metadata used in the compilation of economic and social statistical indicators from various known sources.
- Participate in data analysis, report writing and dissemination of economic and social statistics on a regular basis.
- Produce monthly and quarterly statistical reports.
- Support production of MBE indicators and follow up MDAs and HLGs in the development of logical frameworks in line with agreed standards
- Support MDAs in the application of core Monitoring 85 Evaluation Methods and data management tools
- Support in coordinating advocacy and outreach activities at the Bureau and develop content for the UBOS advocacy and outreach materials
- To support the field operations of the socio-economic surveys in line with corporate objectives
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Statistician.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold an Honors Degree in Bachelor of Statistics or Bachelor of Science, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, and Bachelor of Demography or Population Studies; OR a Masters Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or Population Studies for candidates with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree majoring in Mathematics with Education.
- Should have obtained at least a Credit in Mathematics and English at 0′ Level;
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Statistical packages is a must.
- Professional Membership
- Membership to the Uganda Statistical Society is a must.
- Detailed knowledge of statistical data and information sources within the public and private domain.
- Computer literate, able to use of Microsoft office Applications (MS Excel, MS Word, Power point)
- Professionalism, Integrity, team spirit
- Good communication skills
- Objective and independent
- Problem solving skills
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Creative thinking to be able to come up with new ideas
- An ability to work under pressure
- Organizational and planning skills
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the required profile, please see the job details on the UBOS Website and submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website:
Hardcopies shall not be accepted. All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Deadline: 19th August 2022 at 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com