Job Title: Receptionist – PlayMatters
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Administration Officer, the Receptionist is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of the IRC PlayMatters regional office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Office Management
- Ensure that reception services are provided in such a fashion that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to.
- Ensure that all incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s)
- Ensure that the mails are collected from the post office on a regular interval and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages.
- Ensure that all paperwork is filled and manage the filing system.
- Ensure all newspapers are received and tracked for effective accountability.
- Ensuring that the office environment is clean, well-organized and attractive and that break tea is provided to a high standard of quality and hygiene
- Ensure that Office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises securely closed.
- Ensure that all office utility bills, (electricity, water, security etc) are paid on time in liaison with the Administration Officer.
- Prepare monthly inventory reports and submit timely to the Administration Officer.
Travels and Accommodation
- Work with the Administration Officer and the drivers to organize in country travels and update the travel tracker.
- Assist in booking accommodation for staff members.
- Read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma/Higher education in Secretarial Studies, Business administration or any other related course.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
Please note: This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 23rd August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com