Job Title: Data Analyst Intern (No Experience Fresh Graduate UN Jobs)
Organisation: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Early Warning System Specialist
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has a global mandate to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic’ growth. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) listed below:
- Assist in further development on Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (MHEWS), specifically around data collection, analysis, automation and integration
- Assist in quality control, cleaning and archiving of field data for the MHEWS
- Assist in data analysis of collected data for preparation of monthly multi-hazard early warning bulletins
- Assist in the development of a dynamic MHEWS database.
- Assist in the development of knowledge products based on data collected.
- Collate and create a tracker on the status of monthly data capturing.
- Undertake any other activities as requested
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Enrolled in or possess a University degree in a subject related to the work of FAO (Agriculture, Nutrition, Food Security, Disaster Risk Reduction, Emergency and Resilience, Social Protection etc.)
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of
- Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http:// www.whed.net/
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of Uganda.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- Candidates, who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com