Job Title: Property Officer
Organisation: Church World Service (CWS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Supervisor
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Job Summary: This position is primarily responsible for the Asset management and office supplies records, Scheduling servicing of the assets and General Office maintenance. This position is under General Service Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in verification of weekly inventory vs physical materials
- Confirm materials/supplies received from the vendor in conjunction with the Stores assistant
- Review of usage per department.
- Assist the Property supervisor in property audit/Asset management and maintenance of accurate records
- Running errands i.e. duplication of keys and other minor purchases.
- Assist in organizing for meetings in conjuction with the janitors.
- Schedule periodical servicing of assets with the Contractors.
- Tagging of assets
- Assist the Property Supervisor in supervision of the contractors.
- Prepare monthly fuel reconciliation sheet for RSC Africa official vehicles to determine top up amount for each vehicle
- Scheduling transport for RSC Africa staff and IT deliveries.
- Assist in management of RSC Africa staff phone airtime and MIFI data bundles i.e. top ups and monthly renewals.
- Inspecting property conditions and coordinating maintenance work.
- Assist in retrieving supplies requisitioned by staff from the store.
- Help in resolving property related issues in a professional manner.
- To contribute to activities of other departments if necessary as directed by the property supervisor.
- To assist the Head of Property when planning for future development in line with strategic CWSRSC Africa objectives.
- Report any defective equipment, furniture or other office appliances to the property supervisor
- Assist the property supervisor to carry out building routine checks to ensure that CWS RSC Africa offices are cleaned properly by janitors.
- Performs any other duties assigned in order to improve the operations of the RSC Africa office.
- Be aware of and complying with safe working practices as instructed and in accordance with policies and procedures e.g. fire evacuation procedures, data protection.
- To assist the Head of Property when overseeing building projects renovations or refurbishments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years additional work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree required.
- Four (4) years paid work experience required.
- Experience in office, stores and Asset management
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com