Job Title: Data Analyst (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Outbox Hub
Duty Station: Uganda
Outbox Hub is an Incubation, collaboration and co-creation space for techies in Uganda. Creating awesome products and businesses on mobile and web.
Job Summary: As a data analyst, you will be key for helping the initiative’s team and stakeholders understand the state of the Hi-Innovator initiative by synthesizing data into actionable insights from the various systems and data sources — both internal to the Fund and externally available — to help inform where opportunities to improve the initiative’s KPIs and pipeline may be optimized. You will be using your skills in computer programming, mathematics, and statistics to draw conclusions from data to help describe, predict, and improve the initiative’s performance and execution.
The Data Analyst will need to train other stakeholders in tl1e use and interpretation of digital reports deployed onto the reporting platform(s). In addition, as a secondary function, the data analyst may be called 10 to help provide analytics support or training to entrepreneurs interested in learning how to utilize their data to discover insights to help validate their business assumptions or track their own making sure their deliveries are of quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will work closely with other partners, team members, and stakeholders to help understand reporting requirements and develop data-driven reports in the form of dashboards or digital reports to help the teams make real-time project decisions and track key performance indicators necessitated by stakeholders.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret KPIs, trends, or patterns from the project’s primary datasets: Core to the project is to report on the performance of KPIs defined by our partners, management and leadership teams, and other interested parties that can influence the success of the program. Though the initiative has two key data sources for managing its entrepreneurship pipeline, it is expected that these may grow as the program continues to mature.
- Data Quality: Collaborating with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for data and process improvements, recommend system modifications, and be actively involved in the development of policies and procedures to improve data governance and data quality.
- Partner Engagement: The Data Analyst may need to engage with different partners and stakeholders 10 communicate new insights discovered while analyzing the various data sets used by the Hi-Innovator program, either as an individual or as part of a larger team managing and building the entrepreneurship pipelines.
- Program Improvement: Coordinate closely with the YAW program partners in order 10 provide data-driven insights that can add value to the overall goal of job creation by finding pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges in achieving sustainable development and/or investment impact.
- Knowledge Leadership: Actively contribute new insights that feed into articles and publications that showcase the initiative’s work and impact 10 the entrepreneurship community, economy, or industry.
- Translating this knowledge into local, national, and/or global contexts may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any business-related course. A Master’s degree in Economics, Business, or Data Science is an added advantage.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Should demonstrate knowledge and understanding of data tools like Excel, PowerBI, R , and SQL Programming Language.
- Must demonstrate skills in communication, negotiation, and presentation.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Strong analytical mind with a keen sense of mathematical patterns and correlations.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Good IT literacy, i.e. MS. Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.
- Great attention to detail.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating “Data Analyst — [Name of region e.g Northern Uganda]” in the subject line. The deadline to submit
Deadline: 19th April 2023.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.