Job Title: Manager Environment Information Systems
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Environment Planning and Coordination
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The Manager Environment Information Systems will establish and maintain a robust Environment Information Management System and Information Communication Technology service at NEMA
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the development and implementation of Work Plans, Budgets and prepare timely reports for the division
- Establish and maintain an efficient Environment Information System
- Oversee NEMA software programming and applications development for information acquisition and dissemination
- Initiate ICT Policies and Strategies and ensure their adherence.
- Manage Environment Information Systems within the Institution
- Manage the Information and Communication Technology services
- Manage Information Communication and Technology Networks
- Oversee the Library and Information Service of NEMA
- Support development of National Environment Action Plan
- Support development and implementation of Local Governments and Urban Authorities’ Environment Action Planning processes
- Support the Environment and Social Impact Review process with GIS and Remote Sensing
- Support the compilation of the State of Environment Reports for Uganda
- Coordinate with other divisions/departments to ensure that all matters relevant to Environment Information Systems are mainstreamed
- Support and promote applied research and innovations
- Supervise and appraise staff under the division
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of Information and Communication Technology or Information Systems or Geographical Information Systems
- A Master’s Degree in Environment and Natural Resources Management or Geographical Information Systems and Remote Sensing or related field.
- Professional certifications in information systems development and management
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional working experience in Environment Information Management three of which should have been at senior level in a reputable organization.
- Excellent scientific analytical skills
- Knowledge and skills in Strategic Planning
- Knowledge and skills in Conservation Planning
- Leadership, team building and supervision skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Good understanding of mitigation hierarchy
- Financial and Human Resource management skills
- Excellent scholarly writing, publication and presentation skills
- Resource Mobilization skills
- Risk Management skills
- High moral integrity
- Knowledge Management skills
How to Apply:
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form, Download Here, and fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Deadline: 16th April 2023