Job Title: Database Administrator
Organisation: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself as the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service and better operations with a well-motivated and skilled workforce, we are looking to recruit persons with high integrity and dedication to work with us.
Job Summary: The Database Administrator will be responsible for providing database management services to NSSF and ensuring that the databases are running efficiently and can be accessed by the various systems used by the Fund.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capacity management- monitoring system capacity to ensure the operating efficiency of server and storage.
- Monitoring and tuning memory usage for databases.
- Applying/testing patches and upgrades to the database as required to eliminate bugs.
- Assisting in installation and specifying initial installation options.
- Recovering corrupt databases.
- Repairing damaged corrupted databases
- Carrying out regular database checks as per the data management system policy.
- Testing backup by restoring the data to find out whether they are functional.
- Proposing data management policies.
- Implementing and reviewing database security.
- Conducting verification of data integrity
- Implementing the disaster recovery plan and proposing any modifications.
- Developing and maintaining database documentation.
- Evaluating and recommending new database technologies.
- Reviewing Migration Plans
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / IT or a related field
- Oracle Certified Professional / Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – Database Administration Certificate
- A minimum of five years of experience as an Oracle/MSSQL Database Administrator
- Knowledge of Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Knowledge of Oracle Data Guard Administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX will be an added advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good team player.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Planning & Scalability
- Creativity – demonstrated by designing scripts/jobs for capacity planning, monitoring and other recurring activities.
How to Apply:
All Interested individuals should Click Here to fill out the application form and also send copies of their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications, addressed to the Chief of People and Culture to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: 12th May 2023