Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Uganda Tourism Board (UTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) is a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008 with the following Statutory Objectives:
- To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
- To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
- To carry out any other activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the two objectives specified above.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will implement HR policies, strategies, guidelines and to effectively monitor, evaluate and recommend appropriate reviews to the established HR related UTB policies/guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting and HR Administration
- Prepares Unit reports.
- Custodian of staff data.
- Managing the HR information system through ensuring functionality, and regularly updating the different files with relevant information
- Ensuring learning and development of staff on a continuous basis.
- Coordinating the scheduling of staff meetings and ensuring communication and mobilisation of staff.
- Participating in the drafting, development and or review of standard operating procedures (SoPs) for streamlining of the Unit’s activities and fostering of efficient and effective performance.
- Participating and conducting of salary surveys and staff climate surveys on a regular basis.
Employee Welfare and Benefits
- Coordinate provision of counselling services to staff on job related and Individual problems.
- Following up and compiling attendance records, time sheets and other relevant information for timely preparation and execution of payroll adjustments and payments.
- Participate in staff disciplinary matters.
- Providing and communicating routine updates to staff regarding medical care innovations and changes.
- Managing the HIV and AIDS policy
- Participating in review of insurance policies for staff.
- Development of staff welfare schemes.
Implementation of Human Resource policies
- Participate in periodical review and development of
- Human Resource management policies and procedures.
- Handling capacity building programme for staff.
- Coordinate the appraisal of staff within salary scale T5-T8
- Coordinate staff leave rosters.
- Ensuring that all staff have an up-to-date job descriptions that clearly communicate their roles and responsibilities
- Coordinating the employee induction process.
Recruitment and Selection
- Participating and advising on the appropriate selection methodologies for recruited positions ensuring that process results in a good job: person fit.
- Taking lead in conducting new employee reference checks ensuring that the feedback supports the identification process.
- Coordinating the induction process ensuring that new staff members are settled well in the new working environment.
- Making sure that all new staff have all their tools of trade that will contribute to their level of engagement within UTB.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely Training Plan in Place.
- Performance Management Reports timely produced (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Complete HR files and records for staff.
- Standard Operating Practices for HR matters in place.
- Operational Counselling Centre in Place.
- Short Turnaround time for recruitment.
- Up to date HR Policies and Procedures in place.
- Timely staff appraisals conducted.
- Monthly risk logs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honour’s Bachelor’s degree in either Human Resource management or Social Sciences with a postgraduate in Human Resource management.
- At least three years of relevant experience in a similar role from a busy and reputable Organization.
- Skilled in handling and coordinating capacity building activities for staff.
- Human Resource Management.
- Ability to interpret and apply Labour laws.
- Time management.
- Ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
- Communication skills both written and oral.
- Skills in guidance, Counselling and negotiation.
- High levels of integrity
- Team player
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible Ugandans who meet the above requirements are invited to apply. Applications should include a detailed CV (with email, telephone contact and postal address), plus certified copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, testimonials, past appointments copy of national identity card, contact details (telephone, postal and email addresses) of three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below:
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Tourism Board,
Plot 42, Rotary Avenue (Lugogo Bypass),
6th Floor Lugogo House,
P.O. BOX 7211 KAMPALA
TEL. +256 414 342196/7 Fax +256 414 342 188
NB: UTB is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: 5th May, 2023