Organisation: Opportunity International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, EduQuality
Opportunity International is a global nonprofit organization that creates opportunities for entrepreneurs to build their businesses, children to go to school, farmers to feed their communities, and families to end the cycle of generational poverty. For nearly 50 years, we have developed innovative programs that use financial services, training, and support to address some of the greatest challenges facing those living in poverty around the world.
Job Summary: The Project Management Associate is a highly varied and multi-functional role that will support core functions of the EduQuality program implemented by the Opportunity EduFinance team across Africa. The role will work primarily for the EduQuality team, however, working very closely with ETAF, Operations, and Data & BI to ensure effective implementation and coordination of EduQuality activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Events Management
- Ensure that all events and activities under the EduQuality program are delivered on time, within the scope, and within budget.
- Lead the planning, logistics, and implementation of key program events in all African markets, including (but not limited to) program launches, Introductory Seminars, School Leadership Professional Development, staff training, and donor visits, among others.
Administration, Budgeting, and Invoices
- Manage all vendor relationships, on-time collection and payment of invoices, event budgeting, and procurement of capital assets for the East & Southern Africa staff.
- Printing of program publications and event materials.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Coordinate all Africa staff and consultant recruitment and onboarding, including initial phone screening, contract requisitions, and coordination of new staff training.
- Assist with the preparation of periodical program donor reporting and other partner reports as needed.
Digital Content Co-ordination
- Develop and implement Africa’s digital strategy to increase online presence and improve engagement in close coordination with the product development team.
- Prepare, coordinate, and manage the Africa digital content development schedule, including identifying and scheduling a rotating list of team members responsible for digital content pieces and weekly posts on country program WhatsApp groups, in close coordination with the product development team.
- Coordinate and manage content translation, file delivery, and deadlines with translators for local languages.
Opportunity International Global EduQuality Awards
- Lead the planning and implementation of the flagship awards program for the Education Quality program, from inception to post-event reflection and learnings.
- Manage all communications with internal and external stakeholders, review and delegate all awards applications, collect learnings and insights, manage awards events, and collate client stories of winners.
EduQuality Certification Program
- Lead the planning and implementation of the Certification program for the Education Quality program from data analysis to post-award refection and learnings.
- Manage all communications with internal stakeholders, review and analyze data for awardees, evaluate the evidence submitted, and coordinate the printing and distribution of certificates to schools and Teacher mentors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in an administrative role working in international development, education, or similar.
- Experience working within cross-cultural global organizations and NGOs.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Experience in an event planning or administrative role with senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage budgets without oversight.
- Highly competent users of tablets, laptop computers, and other technology (MS Office, data collection, EdTech, etc.).
- Willingness and ability to travel, including managing accommodation and transport.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects in parallel, adjusting priorities based on team needs and capacity in pursuit of organizational goals.
- Creative problem solver who leverages critical thinking ability into unique solutions to complex problems and communicates those solutions.
- Honest and direct in communication and business practice, ability to present findings or translate data into a coherent visual representation.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from the manager to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to present findings or translate data into a coherent visual representation.
- A deep, abiding passion for the mission of Opportunity International and its commitment to economic, spiritual, and social transformation.
- Language Skills: Written and verbal fluency in English, additional 1 or 2 local languages required. Must be able to attend & fully participate in meetings conducted in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below