Job Title: Data Clerk (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kanungu, Uganda
The Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is an indigenous medical organization that was established in 1991 as a limited liability not-for-profit Joint-venture between the Uganda Ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Defense and Makerere University Medical School (now Makerere College of Health Sciences).
Job Summary: The Data clerk performs under the leadership of the health unit in-charge. Working as part of the facility team, s/he will assist, in the implementation of strong data quality maintenance systems of the health unit. The Data clerk will work to promote quality data standards at all points of service delivery and ensuring the generation and submission of accurate, timely, complete, reliable and valid data while exercising integrity
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the different units in–charges of several service delivery points to ensure completeness of data on the patient files, the registers (ANC, Maternity, Post-natal, Exposed Infant Register, HCT register, Laboratory registers, SMC registers, Nutrition, TB registers, Pre-ART and ART registers, Family Planning Register, Child Register, KP/PP register) are complete.
- Working with different health unit’s departments in ensuring that timely, accurate, complete and valid data is generated from the respective registers and is submitted to MoH and PEPFAR systems by verifying all data before submission.
- Receiving and dealing with enquiries and requests relating to data needs
- Update national EMR system from the paper-based patient’s records
- Update, maintain and retrieve data held on all computerized HIV/AIDS patient level and reporting systems
- Managing and maintaining the electronic data systems which include and not limited to EMR, DHIS2, KP/PP tracker, HIBRID by ensuring systems are updated with the most current data
- Maintains hardcopy and electronic data files and reports in compliance with the program regulations.
- Maintains the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re-enters verified data.
- Undertake to enter and clean all the program data entered into the database in line with the guidelines/principles as detailed in data entry protocols
- Utilizes computerized data entry equipment and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary, and summarizes data in preparation of standardized reports.
- Participate in the facility quality improvement activities which may include collecting/summarizing data and analyzing to inform progress off quality improvement interventions.
- Analyze the monthly summary statistics for key program indicators and compile reports for distribution to inform QI team at health facility
- Assist health care workers at the designated facilities in data quality assurance as stipulated in the standard operating procedures and job aides
- Ensures that patient level data is securely and regularly backed up, both at the site and off site.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative economics, Population Studies/Demography, or other related field.
- Experience working in data management for MOH and PEPFAR systems
- Practical experience in working with government of Uganda health information systems
- Knowledge of medical records management procedures
- Good working knowledge of computer with ability to operate various Microsoft word-
- processing software, spreadsheets
- Efficient and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills; ability to follow
- instructions provided in verbal or written format.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and adhere to timelines.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry.
How to Apply:
All applications must be addressed to: Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda and send to email@example.com Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 26th April 2023 at 05:00Pm