Job Title: Front Office Supervisor
Organisation: Mbale Resort Hotel Limited
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Mbale Resort Hotel offers you the at most environment for your accommodation in Mbale City with splendor and delight. The hotel has 74 Executive Rooms. All rooms will soothe your mind and set your soul free.! We offer quality services and make your comfort our priority during your stay with us. All our rooms meet international hotel standards and offer an experience that will make you stay longer. Some of the rooms have balconies with spectacular panoramic views of the Wanale, the swimming Pool and the Gardens. Each room feels rich and timeless and has all the amenities to pamper our guests. Be ready to experience an entirely new level of affordable luxury.
Job Summary: The Front Office Supervisor will plan and supervise front office operations, ensure efficient and excellent services delivery to achieve high guest satisfaction and positive feedback / rating in line with the MRH strategy and policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and draw weekly/monthly staff shift schedules, train and ensure all team members adhere to standard operating procedures, maintain personal hygiene and an immaculate presentation at all times.
- Supervise the front desk team and ensure timely response to guests and reservation requests on all booking platforms including telephone inquiries and make room reservations for confirmed guests to avoid overbooking and allocate rooms for expected arrivals.
- Welcome guests to the front office/lounge in a professional, cheerful and calm demeanor, respond to guest inquiries and provide guests with information pertaining the hotel amenities, ensure their information is recorded and rooms allocated based on their preferences.
- Monitor the check in process and ensure safety by following security procedures and report any suspicious activity or security concern to security and management on detection.
- Monitor and control access to safe deposit boxes and guest rooms.
- Builds strong working relationships and coordinates with all other departments especially Revenue and Business Development, Maintenance Section, ICT and Housekeeping Section to ensure rooms are sold and excellent services offered to guests.
- Liaise with housekeeping staff and/or maintenance staff when rooms are ready to be cleaned or repaired in preparation for a new guest or on guest’s request.
- Cross-check billing instructions and ensure hotel charges are processed diligently to guest’s accounts, invoices are accurate, billing instructions are verified, all necessary supporting bills and vouchers are attached for settlement.
- Process guests’ payments and ensure payments are fully made, control cash transactions at the Front Desk and maintain a complete responsibility for payments made in line with the MRH credit policy.
- Ensure phone calls, wake up calls and messages for guests are handled in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Prepare and submit reports to management on the operations of Front Office not later 2nd of each new month
- Grow online search engines occupies to 50% and above of daily occupancies in the first 90 days and 65% beyond 90 days.
- Be vigilant and security conscious on things like fraud, fake moneys, guest skippers, and any other threat to the operations, and always escalate to the attention of management at the initial stage
- Any other duty as maybe assigned from time to time.
- Up-to-date front-office staff shift schedules.
- Confirmed bookings and room allocations made.
- Reported suspicious activity / security concerns.
- Maintained safe deposit boxes and controlled access to guest rooms.
- Excellent services to guests.
- Increased room sales.
- Comprehensive and fully paid bills.
- Balance ledgers for room sales.
- Timely wakeup calls.
- Competent Front Desk team (staff).
- Well-coordinated front desk support activities.
- Up-to-date and well-maintained guest information and records.
- Front Office operations periodic reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a higher Diploma in the disciplines of Hotel Management, Tourism & Hospitality Management or a related field.
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the above disciplines is an added advantage.
- At least three years of progressive experience of Front Desk Operations in at least a 3-star hotel, one (1) of which should have been in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Opera / Fidelio / Other world Class Property Management Systems is required.
- Knowledge of principles behind excellent customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of the hotel amenities.
- Knowledge of safety standards and reservation policies.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Emotional intelligence and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage and motivate teams.
- Proactive work style.
- Ability to work well under pressure and keep calm in difficult situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters with updated CVs and academic documents via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Plot 50, Bungokho Rd, Mbale, Uganda
Telephone: +256 758 210 115