Job Title: Program Coordinator
Organisation: Show Mercy International
Duty station: Kaliiti, Wakiso, Uganda
Show Mercy International is a Non-government Christian Organization dedicated to transforming lives. Our Missions is to mobilize, inspire and empower individuals to live a life on purpose while reaching out in love. We are seeking for passionate born-again Christians with experience in the following fields to join our team. Our culture is centred on; Kingdom Focused people, Expressive Passion, Consistent Growth, Personal Ownership and Steadfast Accountability.
Scope of work: The Program Coordinator’s key role will be to provide overall administrative management for the SMI programs. You will work alongside department managers to administrate and coordinate the overall function of operations, programs and outreaches throughout SMI departments, and work hand-in-hand with the team in the USA as well. Your goal is to make sure SMI functions and flows seamlessly.
The position is the custodian of the overall administrative function of all SMI departments regards to Planning, Financial, Procurement, Logistics Communication, Human resources duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Born-again Christian.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelors or Diploma in a related field.
- At least two (2) years of prior professional experience in a similar post in a busy setting.
- Ability to use Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, taking on roles and responsibilities as needs and opportunities arise.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills together with interpersonal, public speaking and networking skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently but also as part of a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of local languages spoken in the area
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should hand deliver their applications, CV, academic papers and recommendation letter from their pastor to our base by following these instructions;
If in Kampala town, go to Namirembe park and board a taxi to Kakiri. Tell the conductor you let out at “Kumi nanya” (14 in Luganda) stage. Get a Boda to Show Mercy or “ew’abazungu” at UGX. 3,000.
(If you’re along the Northern by-pass, get a taxi to Kakiri still or one to Wakiso from where you’ll board another headed to Kakiri.)
NB: All the above requested documents are mandatory.
NO EMAIL applications will be considered.
Deadline: 15th May, 2023