Organisation: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of Humanitarian Specialist, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Contribute to technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to WPHF
- Contribute inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required.
- Support the coordination and monitoring of the implementation of programme activities.
- Support the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the supporting the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Support the review and submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Participate in the organization of training for partners on Results Based Management.
- Support overseeing of the implementation of programme activities with partners.
- Support in monitoring progress on programme activity, results, and indicators.
- Participate in monitoring the implementation of proposals by responsible partners.
- Contribute inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs, and outcomes
- Contribute inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyse and maintain information and databases.
- Contribute inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profile
- Support the humanitarian specialist and senior management on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
- Support the coordination of relevant WPHF international commemorations such as the 16 Days of Activism to end Violence Against Women Campaign, International Women’s Day and UNSCR 1325 Anniversary to raise awareness and stimulate action to advance gen-der equality and women’s rights within WPHF context
- Carry out other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Peace and Security, Social Sciences, Human Rights, Gender/Women’s studies, International Development or a related field
- Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
- 0 years of experience in or demonstrated interest in monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in the area of Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action is an asset.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Area(s) of expertise: Development programmes
- Candidates must be Finnish nationals and must have knowledge of Finnish or Swedish.
- Candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age at the time of application (the above age range does not apply)
- Candidates who already served on a UN Youth Volunteer assignment funded by the Government of Finland are not eligible.
- Languages: English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Age: 18 – 26 years
Competencies and Values
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Building Trust
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Ethics and Values
- Planning and Organizing
- Respect for Diversity
- Technological Awareness
- Working in Teams
How to Apply:
All interested qualified candidates must apply online
Deadline: 14th May 2023