Job Title: Driver (2 Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) was established as a public Authority and its mandate is to regulate, promote and oversee the quality of coffee along the entire value chain, support research and development, promote production, and improve the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Job Summary: The Driver will drive UCDA vehicles for conveyance of employees and visitors, materials and equipment to their intended destinations, and ensure their safety.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide safe and efficient transportation to the UCDA employees and visitors
- Check vehicle to ensure that it is clean.
- Drive employees and visitors to their intended destinations and ensure that passengers adhere to safety measures.
- Ensure that the vehicle is under insurance cover.
- Observe and comply with all relevant Road safety and traffic laws and regulations
Routine vehicle inspection and repairs
- Check vehicle for mechanical condition before starting any journey and perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, water, tire pressures etc.
- Ensure safe custody of vehicles and tools.
- Diagnose and carry out minor repairs and adjustments,
- Initiate requests for procurement of vehicle servicing and prepare documentation necessary for servicing or repairs.
- Report to the Supervisor all problems on check including servicing, maintenance and when major repairs are required.
- Maintain records and reports of work, repairs, accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
- Record and maintain vehicle travel records in the log book, and ensure that they are authorized by the relevant supervisor.
- Ensure that the driving license is up to date.
- Monitor the insurance policy dates and any other documentation, and inform the supervisor in time for renewal.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent,
- A certificate in defensive driving is an added advantage,
- A certificate in motor vehicle mechanics is an added advantage.
- Three years of working experience in a similar or related position
- Valid Driving Permit of Classes B and C/C1.
- Computer literacy skills
- High level of integrity, resilience and reliability.
- Excellent time management.
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills.
- Self-respect, team building and organizational skills.
- Good decision making skills.
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) online at the link below.
Deadline: 23rd February 2024