Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Organisation: Uganda Child Rights NGO Network (UCRNN)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda Child Rights NGO Network (UCRNN) is a coalition of child focused organizations including community based, national and international organizations working for the welfare and the rights of children in Uganda. UCRNN envisions a society where children’s rights are realized and exists to promote a coordinated action for the promotion and protection of children’s rights in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager will mainly ensure efficient and effective management of the Network’s resources (including human resources) in accordance with the UCRNN policies and procedures. The jobholder will ensure smooth and sound day-to-day administration of the UCRNN
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintaining an appropriate, up-to-date and effective financial management system. This includes:
- Maintaining proper and up to date books of accounts
- Monitoring and reporting on budget performance.
- Preparing and producing regular financial/accountability reports.
- Ensuring timely requisition and disbursement of funds for the day-to-day activities of the organization as per the established guidelines and procedures.
- Ensuring proper accountability for the organization’s funds as per the established guidelines and procedures.
- Carrying out any other duties as might be necessary for maintaining and effective financial management system.
- Maintaining a sound and effective human resource management system: This includes;
Spearheading human resource planning processes
- Coordinating the recruitment of competent staff their orientation and professional development
- Instituting appropriate performance measurement systems
- Ensuring timely staff remuneration and adequate welfare provisions in accordance with the organizational policies
- Maintaining an effective disciplinary management and grievance handling system
- Maintain up to date personnel records and ensure adherence to the organization’s terms and conditions of service.
Handling any HR related issues
- Undertaking the day-to-day administrative functions for the organization including;
- Maintaining a proper and up-to-date record of the organizations’ assets and inventories.
- Ensuring timely procurement, storage and effective utilization of the Network supplies and consumables according to the established procedures and guidelines.
- Ensuring proper maintenance (and where applicable insurance) of the organization’s assets/ facilities and coordinate their utilization.
- Supporting the Executive Director and Staff in resource mobilizing by contributing to programme development and budgeting processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration specializing in Finance or Accounting
- Professional accounting qualifications (ACCA and CPA) are preferred.
- Formal Training in Human resource management required
- A minimum of five years’ experience as in Finance and accounting position at managerial level in an NGO context.
- Demonstrable experience in human resources management and administration.
- Experience managing finance and administration operations and reporting functions.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and accounting software (QuickBooks or Odoo ERP Experience 14).
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit application to: Executive Director, Uganda Child Rights NGO Network and send to email@example.com.
Please use subject heading: Ref: FAM-UCRNN.
Deadline: 11th June 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com