Job Title: Manager Talent and Performance Management
Organisation: PostBank Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief HR & Admin Officer
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government-owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country. The bank is growing and enhancing its services.
Job Summary: The Manager Talent and Performance Management will investigate and determine employee needs, develop a sustainable talent acquisition and hiring plans and strategies, design, plan and execute employer branding activities and encourage employees to be brand ambassadors. Additional duties will include assessing training needs communicating these needs to management, devising & processing approvals of training plans and implementations of the training plans. The Talent Manager will also be responsible for Performance Management aspects of the bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, evaluate and monitor the implementation of best practices in the recruitment, selection and retention strategies and processes in line with the HR policies and regulations and the Bank’s business strategy.
- Keep up with the latest industry trends and best practices, ensuring optimal performance of the Talent management, which influences the performance of the various departments and the business at large.
- Suggest measures for improving employee retention.
- Perform candidate and employee satisfaction evaluations and workshops.
- Investigate and determine staffing gaps.
- perform analysis of hiring needs and provide employee hiring forecast.
- Develop a sustainable talent acquisition and hiring plans and strategies.
- Plan procedures for improving the candidate experience.
- Reviews employment applications and background checks.
- Design, plan and execute selection processes (conduct interviews and screening calls, administer psychological tests etc.)
- Source and find candidates qualified for open positions.
- Design, plan and execute employer branding activities.
- Conduct needs analysis to determine the skills and knowledge needed to develop staff members.
- Facilitate learning solutions in either a physical classroom or virtual setting and serve as a role model for excellent instructional facilitation and develop those capabilities in others.
- Implement creative ways to provide training for in-office and work-from-home (WFH) staff to drive performance, support customer service and new initiatives.
- Build and implement a mechanism to inventory, track, and follow up on actions and development progress/readiness and measure program success.
- Provide mission critical updates as needed with little notice.
- Assist with post-training gap analysis’ and needs assessments through surveys, knowledge checks and focus groups to implement timely training feedback.
- Leverages management tools that identify, align, and build on the business’s human capital capabilities to achieve overall business results and reach desired targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a relevant degree in, Humanities, Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, and its equivalent
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or Certified Talent Practitioner (CTP) level, or equivalent.
- Possession of a Certified banking qualification or Master’s degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
- At least five years of experience, three of which in Talent Management or similar HR role.
- In-depth knowledge of full cycle recruiting and employer branding techniques.
- Familiarity with a variety of different selection methods (interviews, assignments, psychological test etc.)
- Experience with Human Resource Information System (HRIS), applicant tracking system (ATS), Sourcing and Recruitment Marketing tools.
- Ability to motivate employees
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
- Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership behaviours.
- A sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Must be a person of impeccable integrity
How to Apply:
All candidates should send the following documents online at the address below:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of academic documents
- Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
- Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Online applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, P.O Box 7189 Kampala. Uganda
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as subject of the Email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 14th September, 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com