Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Field Coordinator, the Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the vendors are timely paid using the Electronic fund transfer platforms and supporting in the day today finance activities to ensure they are performed in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The position will support Integra invoice coordination across country office program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The owner of the accounts payable email address
- Download vendor invoices, creates folders, and deposits invoices per D4 and timely makes them accessible by every D4 finance invoice focal person.
- Separates invoices received by PO invoices and non-PO invoices, Manage the Accounts Payable invoices journal and files accordingly.
- Coordinates with Admin team to compile and submit admin related invoices through the AP invoice email.
- Ensures the statutory obligations are timely paid and vendor invoice journals are created.
- Acting at all times in accordance with the country law and standards of accounting practices
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors.
- Review all the payment requests and ensure compliance and completeness of supporting documents before payments are made, ensuring timely payments.
- Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures, and systems
- Review payment vouchers, ensuring completeness of the documentation and consistency with IRC policies and procedures.
- Carry out Electronic Fund payments (Mobile money and online banking)
- Support completion of end-of-month tasks in a timely manner, with minimal or no errors.
- Review mobile money requests from the field offices by carrying out Name verifications alongside the created CSV files
- Participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with IRC financial policies and grant agreements.
- Implement the shared program costs (SPC) allocation at the field office.
- Support the process of preparation of the cash and bank accounting worksheet.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience preferably in an international NGO and
- Three years of hands-on experience working with EXCEL.
- Knowledge of working with Yo mobile money platform and experience with online banking payment platform.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills; ability to work with computers, effective communication, problem solving and decision making and ability to work under pressure.
Please note: This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 14th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com