Job Title: Uganda AT Technical Coordinator
Organisation: Momentum Wheels for Humanity (MWH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Momentum’s Global Advisor on Assistive Technology
Founded in 1996, Momentum Wheels for Humanity increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in less-resourced countries. MWH makes strategic investments in communities by leveraging existing capacities and empowering local stakeholders. Based on the needs of each region in which we work, we offer one or more of our direct-service or capacity-building programs.
Job Summary: Momentum Wheels for Humanity seeks an AT Technical Coordinator in Uganda to support the USAID – funded project, Learning, Acting and Building for Rehabilitation in Health Systems (ReLAB-HS). This individual will provide technical and advisory support to the ReLAB-HS Uganda country office to implement Momentum’s assistive technology activities. Primary functions of the AT Focal Point include supporting the country team’s technical staff, relevant consultants, and key stakeholders in the planning, design, implementation, supervision, expansion/development, and administration of MWH AT activities. Only candidates with work authorization in Uganda will be considered; relocation benefits will not be provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to Momentum’s Global Advisor on Assistive Technology, the Uganda AT Technical Coordinator will have the following technical advising and project management responsibilities:
- Lead on the planning, design, implementation, supervision, expansion/development, and administration of Momentum’s AT activities in Uganda. Key AT activities will include:
- Develop rehabilitation and AT service model and establish AT and rehabilitation referral mechanisms – Conduct roadshows for AT awareness raising and product familiarization – Conduct national procurement training using WHO/UNICEF procurement manual – Conduct AT service training
- Ensure the technical integrity of all activities implemented by Momentum in Uganda.
- Guide engagement with national stakeholders, including the MOH and other actors as it relates to assigned project activities
- Support the development of the project work plan and contribute to the annual work planning process; flag any work plan modifications that may be required and participate in revisions
- Coordinate with the AT focal points in other ReLAB-HS learning countries and extract lessons learned to inform Momentum’s programming in Uganda.
- Compile MWH activity information for monthly, quarterly, and/or ad hoc donor and internal reports, ensuring that reporting is accurate and timely
- Represent MWH as needed in relevant meetings and other strategic bilateral or multilateral coordination meetings
- Attend or represent MWH as needed in meetings with government and other local stakeholders as needed
- Participate in weekly ReLAB-HS country team meetings, working group meetings, and any other internal country meetings as recommended by country coordinator and/or country rehab and AT technical coordinator
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of MWH
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Master’s degree in the rehabilitation field, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, orthopedic technologists, or master`s degree in health policy, global health, or health system and/or in relevant field of study
- At least five years’ experience in physiotherapy or occupational therapy services within an international development context
- Experience working with national governmental agencies, international NGOs, and multilateral organizations
- Experience, general awareness and understanding of assistive devices and assistive technology
- Demonstrated experience working on large institutional grants and complex programs
- Familiarity with national health systems for rehabilitation services
- Proven ability to develop and manage stakeholder relationships
- Proven experience taking initiative in finding solutions to complex challenges
- Excellent skills in evaluation, reporting, and coordination
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with good organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and spoken fluency in English
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to email@example.com, rolling until filled. Please include “Application for Uganda AT Technical Coordinator: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Due to volume of replies, please do not contact the office directly.
Momentum Wheels for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Momentum Wheels for Humanity encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Persons with a disability who are equally qualified for the position will receive first review priority.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com