Job Title: Buyer
Duty Station: Uganda
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. Our customers trust our technology-driven approach to design and build infrastructure solutions to responsibly transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today. From concept to commissioning, our expertise and comprehensive solutions deliver certainty, innovation and added value to energy projects around the world.
Job Summary: The Buyer will identify, solicit and select reliable sources of supply of materials, equipment and services to support project execution. Requirements within budget and on schedule. This position will be based in the business unit headquartered in Kampala, Uganda.
Successful candidates must have 10 or more years of relevant experience and recognized expertise in large international onshore/offshore oil and gas projects with at least 5 years of supervisory experience. The working environment is multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Clients and Contractors. Strong communication skills, fluent spoken and written English.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare purchase orders, control prices and quality and ensure delivery of Materials and Equipment to meet objectives.
- Provide agreed approvals and supporting documentation for payment of invoices.
- Comply with Company and Project purchasing policies and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
- Work with engineering, planning, project controls, construction, HSE and quality to ensure specifications of Materials and Equipment is provided on-time.
- Identify, develop and propose sources, solicit Suppliers, receive quotations and bids. Undertake negotiation of orders, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Ensure Supplier documentation, including insurance guarantees, etc. are received in accordance with purchase order and safely stored.
- Ensure supplier documentation, including engineering, calculations, drawings, schedules and instructions/manuals are received and distributed.
- Liaise with quality, logistics and material management at Supplier and Client offices as necessary to ensure timely delivery of required goods.
- Secure and process necessary documentation to support the approval of Supplier invoices as required by purchase order.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management. Desirable.
- At least six years of procurement experience
- Broad knowledge of the procurement process
- Has working knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices, materials, products and the commodity market in area of specialization.
- Skilled in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids.
- SmartPlant Materials or Materials Management System experience is desired. Must be able to learn the use of MMS or other related ERP system.
- Well-organized and able to work on multiple critical issues simultaneously.
- Highly analytical and capable of soft-mapping processes to determine areas for improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to quickly learn complex software and teach others.
- Works well with others and understands the value of teamwork.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Intrinsically motivated to succeed and has a high desire for achievement.
- Energetic and highly reliable.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com