Job Title: Project Support Officer
Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Kyaka, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
Salary Range: UGX Gross (2,400,000 – 3,694,690)
War Child Holland (WCH) is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization, investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. War Child is a dynamic organization with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We strive to empower children and young people while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people.
Job Summary: The Project Support Officer (PSO) is primarily responsible for the effective and efficient financial operation of the field office and supports the team in areas of Logistics, Procurement, HR, Administration, and ICT to ensure smooth running of these functions in relation to the project activities and operations of the field location office. The role entails managing logistics, daily accounting and administration functions including, procurement, booking of hotels, the timely recording of transactions, petty cash management, fuel/travel management, inventory management and leave tracking.
The job demands careful attention to routine systems and procedures and complete integrity at all times.
The PSO ensures that WCH’s financial, administrative, HR and logistical processes are adhered to and is able to work effectively and efficiently to enable project staff and other stakeholders carry out War Child Programs smoothly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance & Accounting
- Daily accurate and complete recording of financial transactions (cash) in Unit4, which includes checking of accountabilities of PO’s and Team Leader, and ensuring adherence to authorization matrix.
- Maintain an overview of advances paid and ensure timely redemption at least before month end.
- Responsible for making payment and keeping proper books of accounts.
- Manage the office petty cash fund and prepare monthly cash counts.
- Responsible for proper archiving of all financial documents, and timely submission to Finance Manager.
Logistics/Procurement and Administration;
- Responsible for procurement on field level in coordination with the Team Leader and Logistics Coordinator;
- Ensure the vehicle log book is properly filled by driver/rider, and information is readable and reliable. Monitor and report to the Team Leader any irregularities.
- Responsible for compiling monthly fuel and maintenance reports and timely submission to Logs Coordinator, within the Operational Deadlines;
- Coordinates weekly transport schedule (car/flights) and booking of accommodation for visitors.
- Responsible for proper registration of all assets and stock. Ensures the asset list is up to date and accurate at all times and reported to the Team leader and Logistics Coordinator;
- Report and make clear difference of faulty assets and assets not in use.
- Responsible for office supplies and ensures basic distribution and stock controls are in place and effectively used.
- Support in organizing workshops and trainings;
Human Resource Management;
- Compile and keep proper track and record of approved leave requests of staff;
- Interpret and ensure staff compliance with HR policy at field level, and report any HR irregularities to Team Leader and Sr. HR Officer;
- Ensure all staff have a modest work environment.
- Support the Team Leader on overall human resource administration.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- In collaboration with the ICT Officer and Logistics Coordinator, identify ICT needs and ensure field is supported adequately;
- Report ICT issues to Team Leader and ICT Officer;
Documentation, Archiving, and Reporting
- Review Logbooks, both for motor bikes and cars based in your field location, to ensure information is accurate and reliable, and report any suspicion of abuse of asset;
- Support the Team Leader to ensure proper documentation and archiving of logistics, HR, administrative, and ICT activities, to keep clear audit trail.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely reports, in line with the reporting requirements and within operational deadlines.
- Minimum report include:
- Finance: Bookkeeping and supporting documents;
- HR: Time sheets (Guards & Facilitators); Leave updates; Monthly staff/facilitator list
- Logistics: Monthly Summary of Mileage allocation; Summary of vehicle maintenance and repairs; Monthly Stock Report; Equipment List
- Any other duties as assigned by the TL in fulfillment of the tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree in Business Administration or any other related area.
- Three or more years of experience, preferably with an (i)INGO in the areas of logistics, procurement, finance and administration.
- Ability to speak and write good English.
- Proven work experience in logistics, procurement, finance and administration management.
- Good computer skills; proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize.
- Good communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and accurately.
NB: Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in Uganda, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.