Job Title: Permit Assistant
Organization: China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co., Ltd.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co., Ltd. (hereinafter abbreviated as CPP) is a professional company specialized in construction for energy storage and transportation, devoting itself to delivering quality project and service thus to create wealth and value for the society. China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co. (U), Ltd was established on 31st November 2014. The company, invites experienced and reputable candidates to apply for the position of Permit Assistant based in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise and assist management on HSE matters.
- Ensure development, implementation and updating of written HSE programs and plans.
- Facilitate internal auditing and support external auditing as per divisional audit schedule and ensure tracking and close out of remedial action.
- Coordinate accident/injury investigations and lead investigations.
- Coordinate inspections of project and facility operations and carry out monthly walk-through with site management.
- Monitor housekeeping programme to consistently improve its standards.
- Ensure periodical inspections of various safety and life-saving equipment, fire fighting equipment, gas monitors, breathing, apparatus, etc.
- Liaise with municipalities and other relevant organisations to remain informed of the latest safety requirements for area, reporting changes to management.
- Coordinate HSE training of employees to ensure competency of workforce is maintained as required.
- Provide HSE statistics and report HSE activities to Divisional HSE Manager, Business Units and Client Representatives.
- Monitor “STOP” audits and analysis to evolve effective means to improve the observation standards so as to extract optimum benefits out of “STOP”.
- Observe emergency mock drills and advise the line supervisor regarding proper exercise both in the residential area and work sites.
- Carry out instructions in relation to other HSE activities as required by the Divisional HSE Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or mechanical.
- Trained in Emergency Response.
- Qualified trainer in HSE training packages.
- Accident investigation training (Kelvin TOP-SET or equivalent).
- Member of recognised industry body (IOSH, IEMA, IRCA etc).
- The applicant must hold a NEBOSH level 3 General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Five years of experience in construction, offshore, fabrication environment, ideally in oil and gas industry.
- Three years of experience in management or supervisory role, preferably in the GCC.
- Extensive knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Experience in HSE-related Uganda law, municipality regulations and industry best practices.
- Strategic thinking and leadership and planning skills.
- Strong business orientation and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact at client and senior management level and represent the company externally with government and other 3rd parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work as a team member and team leader.
- Follow up and implementation skills.
- Self starter requiring minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans with the capacity and willingness to work with CPP in the position mentioned above should send application and CV to CPP Human Resource Office through e-mail: CPPUGrecruitment@cpptz.com
Subject of the email should be Job Application for Permit Assistant _NAME.
NB: Women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30th April 2023