Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Kilimo Trust (KT)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource & Admin Manager
Kilimo Trust (KT) is an independent organization working on agriculture for development across the East Africa Community (EAC) Region – in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and South Sudan. We promote regional solutions to local problems to make agricultural markets work better for the reduction of poverty and elimination of hunger. We are committed to supporting the people of East African Community (EAC) to achieve market-based solutions to food and nutrition security. Therefore, our core business is to support the transformation of food and nutrition security in the EAC Region away from high risk subsistence farming into lower risk trade-based systems. We implement and manage programmes and projects in partnership with and/or on behalf of governments, international and regional organizations, and the private sector.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will ensure delivery of friendly, efficient customer-oriented service by creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for staff and guests and providing timely administrative support to the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Office Management
- Managing of the reception function of the office phones, Incoming mails, and outgoing mails, deliveries, record management of each
- Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence (Service Providers, Administration and Projects)
- Enhance the corporate image of Kilimo Trust through proper organization of the front office desk and office surroundings.
- Management of office administration, including office running cost, logistics, security, information management, Asset, record management and procurement.
- Ensures all services in the office are available (Water, utility, stationaries, generator, internet, phone e.tc)
- Ensure office remains stocked with office supplies and kitchen consumable, stock control and monitoring.
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and cleanliness of the office premises, ensuring that any needed maintenance is dealt with.
- Make logistical arrangements including flights reservations, hotel and vehicle arrangement for staff, visitors/partners, donors, consultants, volunteers, and interns.
- Provide support in procurement of goods and services for the Trust including stationery for country office.
- Prepare budgets for administration-related activities and assist in monitoring it to ensure no over expenditures.
- Responsible for organizing events and making relevant logistical arrangements.
- Responsible for Branding, all Printing Work and ensuring that KT Communication Guidelines are followed.
- Ensure all assets are well managed, secured and maintained at the office location.
- Monitor of the procurement plan and ensure timely purchasing of assets and different equipment
- Manage the prequalification process and manage the database for the prequalified service providers
- Manage the contracts and the relationship for the different service providers
- Responsible for receiving all IT related issues and forwarding them to the respective Service Providers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Social sciences
- At least three to five years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of key stakeholders.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Handle quantitative information with accuracy and precision.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity, and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Possessing the ability to multitask.
- Having Excellent typing skills-speed and accuracy.
- Being proficient in Microsoft office suite, including Outlook and other organizational tools
- Being organized and detail oriented.
How to Apply:
If you are the right candidate, please send your application letter plus the following:
- An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the Responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above).
- The names and contacts of three referees, and a daytime contact telephone number of each of them.
- Copies of Academic Certificate and Transcripts for O’ level, A’ level – where applicable, Undergraduate and Post graduate qualifications
- The names and contacts of your immediate supervisor(s) in the current job and two of your immediate previous jobs.
- Your daytime contact telephone number; and
- A statement and proof of current remuneration package
Please submit your application documents electronically to email@example.com
Address all applications to: The Human Resource & Administration Manager, Kilimo Trust.
Deadline: 21st April 2023
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted