Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The purpose of recruitment is to support the administrative section in Kampala, Branch office extension and the admin section of the warehouse to reorganize the storage rooms in the basement, Branch Office extension and warehouse. The storage rooms have now become full and there is need to reorganize so that obsolete and old things like furniture, toners, files, filing cabinets and the rest can be sorted and recorded and either disposed of, moved to other offices where demand is high or utilized as deemed appropriate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The intern should be an energetic person ready and willing to move boxes, files, cabinets etc to create space in the admin store, the former driver’s room, antelope store, ICT store, ICT prefab store and the warehouse.
- Registering and taking inventory of all the contents of the mentioned rooms
- Sorting out damaged and aged files for disposal
- Ensuring all old items are brought to the attention of the Admin Associate for disposal
- Decongest the rooms and create space for optimal utilization
- Re arrange the filing cabinets and register all files and years of use to determine next steps
- Take inventory of warehouse and Admin stores and record years of manufacture to show shelf
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Internship job placement must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be either a recent graduate (having completed their studies within two years of applying) or a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by IAU/UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 26th April 2023