Our client, Tunga Nutrition Uganda Limited is a joint venture business of Nutreco BV and Unga Group Plc. Established in March 2022, the business distributes animal nutritional products from the parent companies and is currently building a state- of-the-art animal feed and concentrate production facility at Plot M229, factory close in the Ntinda Industrial area of Kampala, that is due to start operations in Quarter 3 of 2023. The feed production facility will be tapping into local input supply chains to produce the famous Hendrix brand of concentrates and animal feed.
Tunga Nutrition is recruiting staff to join its production facility and if you would like to be part of this exciting new venture, below are the positions we are seeking to fill:
These roles will be responsible for ensuring the continuous running of the plant’s production processes.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, these roles carry out maintenance and repair work to electrical and/or mechanical installations & equipment such as hammer mills, pellet mills, electrical/ electronic installations, conveying systems, buildings, facilities.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Inspections and preventive and planned maintenance
• Troubleshooting malfunctions and defects in equipment and performing repairs
• Carrying out modifications and improvements in equipment
• Logging maintenance activities in maintenance management system
• Works in compliance with all relevant safety regulations and procedures
Required Qualifications/Experience/ Competences:
• Relevant Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance qualification, minimum Diploma
• Experience of working in manufacturing environment, ideally within a Feed Mill
• Ideally experience of working on batching and mixing operations, hammermills, pellet mills and bagging lines
• Good health and safety awareness Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to listen to direction and make decisions
• Ability to prioritise and to work to deadlines
• Flexible approach to working hours
Interested applicants can apply for this position by sending copies of their academic documents, resume and cover letter to the Human Capital Consultant, Inspire Talent by email on firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th May 2023.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.