Our client, Tunga Nutrition Uganda Limited is a joint venture business of Nutreco BV and Unga Group Plc. Established in March 2022, the business distributes animal nutritional products from the parent companies and is currently building a state- of-the-art animal feed and concentrate production facility at Plot M229, factory close in the Ntinda Industrial area of Kampala, that is due to start operations in Quarter 3 of 2023. The feed production facility will be tapping into local input supply chains to produce the famous Hendrix brand of concentrates and animal feed.
Tunga Nutrition is recruiting staff to join its production facility and if you would like to be part of this exciting new venture, below are the positions we are seeking to fill:
Control Room Operator
These roles will be responsible for ensuring the continuous running of the plant’s production processes.
The Control Room Operator will report to the Operations Manager and act in a supervisory capacity leading and coordinating the activities of the Operators on shift and determining production/ raw material schedules in line with requirements.
Key Responsibilities for both roles Include (not limited to):
• Running the plant to ensure safe delivering of production targets eg discharge, loading, transport, cleaning, operating machines – grinding, pelleting, cooling, and crumbling.
• Works within and promotes all relevant safety, environmental and quality regulations and procedures
• Carries out basic maintenance & repair tasks as identified Logs data, reports on progress and identifies solutions where bottlenecks
• Signals areas for improvement and participates in improvement projects
• Ensures work area is left clean and in safe working condition, maintains the plant to 5S standards
Required Qualifications/Experience/ Competences:
Control Room Operator:
• Technical educational background preferably in electrical/electronic fields, minimum Diploma Level
• Good level of English written and spoken
• Experience of working in automated manufacturing environment, ideally within a Feed Mill and/or food industry Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose automation equipment/plc systems for emergency repairs
Interested applicants can apply for this position by sending copies of their academic documents, resume and cover letter to the Human Capital Consultant, Inspire Talent by email on firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th May 2023.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.