Job Title: Security Manager
Organisation: Entebbe Handling Services (ENHAS) / National Aviation Services (NAS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Entebbe Handling Services (ENHAS) trading as National Aviation Services (NAS) ensures smooth handling of passengers from check-in to boarding, offering a warm experience for over 2000 air travellers daily. Safety is at the heart of everything we do. ENHAS provides assistance to passengers with special needs, including unaccompanied minors, the blind, deaf, those with reduced mobility and the elderly. We verify and advise about the authenticity of travel documents, check in passenger baggage and help you through immigration and security procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and review security plan for the company including all aspects related to implementation and updating of the plan.
- Conduct thorough investigations of all incidents/accidents or security failures involving ENHAS and make recommendations for corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Participate in relevant inter-agency security forums and meetings for regular insight into aviation security best practices
- Maintain continuous and regular communication with client airlines, Aviation Security and other national security agencies at Entebbe International Airport.
- Conduct Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing, and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Regularly review the security training curriculum in the organization including updating of training modules.
- Ensure the business units are compliant with NAS Corporate and all relevant industry, regulatory and national security requirements
- Participate in the rehearsal of the Structural Fire Evacuation and Emergency procedures in ENHAS facilities.
- Carry out internal quarterly security audits to ensure strict compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Take charge of performance management of security staff by setting objectives, sensitizing all staff about the objectives, monitoring performance evaluations to ensure that they are conducted-on time as per management calendar, and proper tools are being used.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Sociology, , Social Sciences, or related field.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of corporate security, Law enforcement. Similar previous work experience in government agencies, insurance or bank fraud investigation or anticorruption enforcement agencies is an added advantage.
- Must have Professional-level knowledge in multiple investigative techniques;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Highly ethical and honest, high degree of confidentiality, and conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates that meet the above job specifications, should send their applications, detailed CVs and academic certificate copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to Human Resources Office; ENHAS Head Office. Attachments should be merged and sent as one PDF or word document.
Deadline: 20th August 2022.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com