Job Title: Gender and Food Security Measurement Specialist
Organisation: CARE International in Uganda (CARE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to defending the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda for over 50 years. In FY ending June 2020, CARE improved the lives of nearly one million people in Uganda (62% women). Our ambition for the next five years is to reach 5 million people, through lifesaving and gender transformative programs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the collection, processing, and analysis for IPC/CH, Food Security, and Gender Study (60%).
- Coordinate with Humanitarian Dept, COs, FSNL and RGA experts and IPC partners such Oxfam and FAO (20%).
- Draft, write, finalize, and dissemination report to stakeholders (20%).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Between 5 and 10 years of humanitarian work experience with specific focus on measurement, assessment, and analysis of acute food insecurity, and/or acute malnutrition.
- At least five (5) years of experience in assessment, analysis, and/or measurement of acute food insecurity and acute malnutrition; especially within a complex humanitarian settings.
- Practical experience with data analysis software and tools such as STATA, R, SPSS, SAS, GEODA, Python etc.
- Excellent research and report writing skills.
- Strong oral communications skills and ability to present complex material clearly, concisely, and convincingly
- Exceptional coordination and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join CARE should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 31st August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com